Automatically Upgrade to WordPress 2.5.1Posted by Mom at 7:14am in Blogging
As some of you know, last year I made the decision to move my blog from Movable Type to WordPress.
Joni Ang from E.Webscapes did all the hard work for me, as well as create Mom Coming Home’s vibrant design!
So…Wordpress 2.5 came out and to be honest, I let the task to upgrade sit on the back-burner for a while. This was due to my laziness…some days after working “IT” all day, I don’t feel like doing anything techie.
Anyway, I found this amazing Plugin that takes all the guess work out of how to upgrade. After I took a backup of my website, I installed the plugin and the upgrade was complete in less than 2 minutes! It was safe and easy!
- Install Instant Upgrade Plugin for WordPress from Zirona –> Click here to Download
- Upload and unzip to you WordPress Plugins folder
- Activate the Instant Upgrade plugin from your Admin Panel
- Go to the Options tab, Click InstantUpgrade and choose an upgrade method. Pick either FTP or HTTP. I went with HTTP, and it worked with my web host.
- Next, the plugin notifies that it’s ready to upgrade. Go to Manage, InstantUpgrade, and start the WordPress 2.5.1 upgrade process. It installs the 2.5.1 Upgrade in less than 1 minute.
- That’s it! Your blog is upgraded to the latest greatest version of WordPress!
A big thank you to Alex at Zirona Open Source Consulting for making my upgrade a breeze! The Instant Upgrade Plugin is free, but please consider donating if you use the plugin so these guys can keep creating excellent code!
Tags: WordPress Upgrade